FAQ added to the website today!

Lately I have been receiving a lot of session inquiries and a lot of questions about receiving
 just a cd with images from the session. 

I have added a FAQ tab on my website for anyone with this question and more.

I get it we live in a digital age, I mean most photographer's don't even use film cameras anymore.  However, just because there isn't a physical film picture being taken by photographers now a days does not mean that our digital images are not products!

Digital images in fact are products. Each image is edited, color corrected or touched up in some way. 
If we didn't charge well for digital images or gave them away with each session, we would lose out on income we could have made from a purchase of a print or product of that image. 

Professional photographers run a business, just like any other business out there. You may think that
we pocket all the money you pay us for those two hours, but that's not true and our work doesn't end when we turn the camera off and say goodbye. Editing pictures can take hours upon hours. Travel time, post office trips, uploading to galleries, shopping for props for each session or looking online for props.  
We also invest it into equipment, lenses, backdrops, props, marketing, and anything to make us stand out 
in a world filled with photographers. We also have families and bills to pay.

I love what I do and I can honestly say nothing I have ever done has made me more happy. 
I put a lot of time and love into each session I do and yes maybe four years ago when I first started
I did give a cd with images away with each session, but I don't anymore. I've worked to hard to
just give away my work. Photography is an investment and one that not everyone can afford all the time, but when you can it's worth it!





Comments

Popular Posts