Autumn is in full swing! 365 Project.

I was just going through what pictures I would use for this 365 post
and as I was going though them, a lot taken by my husband the other 
day I thought, "Hey, I'll do a blog post about myself". The girl behind the
camera! My love for photography started at a very young age.
My great grandma was photographer, the days when
slides were in existence! She loved taking pictures of her animals and
roses. She also traveled all over taking pictures of the Grand Canyon
and my father in Hawaii. I unfortunately have never been to such exotic
places, but I did get her love of photography. 



229/365

This is me! I'm a very visual person and have a photographic memory. 
I can remember how to get some where after only going there once. I can 
visually pose people for pictures when I'm behind the camera and know
what looks good, yet put me in front of the camera and I'm a total stiff!
I guess that's why god graced me with the visual talents.
Oh and my dancing skills... let's not even go there.




230/365

My husband.
 You may have heard me talk about him or you may have even 
met him, he sometimes helps me on sessions because I can't carry
everything myself or I need a hand with the reflector. He is a great help
and I hope he knows that ;-)
He is the total opposite of me. He's calm and quiet and can fall asleep
at the drop of a hat, while I'm loud and hyper and never sit still.
I started Come walk in my shoes photography 4 years ago 
and he tells me every so often that he didn't think I would have made it this far.
 I honestly didn't ether, but I can't tell you how blessed I am to have 
found something that doesn't feel like work.





231/365


My Daughter.
Kennedy as some of you may know. 
There was a time when I wasn't sure if I would ever have 
my own child. She is my greatest gift from God and I am forever
thankful for a healthy crazy kid! I always knew that I wanted 
to be a mother and it's everything I thought it would be.
Don't get me wrong we have our days, but the more children I 
meet, around the same age as Kennedy the more I learn and see 
that it's completely normal.  I stay home with Kennedy during the
week and do sessions on the weekend, so I don't have as much 
time for sessions as I would if it was my full time job. That's
why it's so important to book ahead because my time is limited.





232/365

I believe in always finding the good or the positive in 
every situation. This business isn't always easy, there is competition
every where and a misunderstanding that the money I make goes
directly to me. I advertise, I constantly buy new props, I need business
cards and envelops and ink to mail agreements. Every once in a while I 
get a bad apple, someone who wants it all for nothing. That's just the
name of the game in the photography business, but for that one
bad apple I get 10 amazing, organic juicy apples and that is the positive!
Photography takes countless hours of editing and uploading, time is
not just spent at a session, I can spend days upon days brain storming
and shopping for the perfect props for each session. I had to save up to
buy my newest camera, and would love a new lens... at the price range of 
$300-$600 I haven't quite put out the money for it yet. 
Photography is something that everyone wants, but not many value.
Trust me, when the memories start to fade, bring out the pictures and
they will bring you right back. 




233 & 234/365

It still amazes me that I can take a picture at one angle and then flip
my camera around and take the same picture, yet it looks and feels
totally different. I tend to take way to many pictures of the same thing to  
ensure that I get my perfect shot.



235/365

Since having Kennedy, I've learned a lot. A lot about my perfectionism and
that it's not always going to be perfect and that it's okay! I almost feel
that since I let go a little my photography has improved. One of my favorite
quotes is "Strive for progress not perfection".




236/365

Lastly, I try my hardest to live in the moment. That's one thing I love about 
cameras, their ability to take a single moment and capture it forever.
People come and go, and as I said before memories fade over time. Would you remember you Great Grandmother's face or any loved one after 20 years that they've been gone without a picture to look back on? If that's not valuable, I don't know what is.





Comments

Popular Posts